Order of business for Kurdistan Parliament sitting of 27 July 2020
The Speaker of the Kurdistan Parliament calls MPs to a sitting on Monday 27th July 2020 at 11am – the 6th ordinary sitting of the spring session of the second year of the Kurdistan Parliament’s fifth term.
The Presidency of Parliament announces the order of business of the sitting as follows:
1) First reading of the following bills and legislative proposals, per Resolution number 5 of 2020 and per articles 79, 80 and 83 (paragraph 1) of Parliament’s Internal Rules of Procedure:
- Bill on government employees in Kurdistan Region.
- Legislative proposal on the management and protection of archeological sites and traditions in Kurdistan Region - Iraq.
- Legislative proposal on regulating electronic media in Kurdistan Region – Iraq.
2) Vote on the request by MP Mr. Soran Omar Said (Kurdistan Islamic Group) to resign from his Membership of Parliament, per Article 25 (paragraph 2, points 1 and 2) of Parliament’s Internal Rules of Procedure.
3) Reading of reports and debates on the following issues:
- Reading of the joint report by the Parliament committees on Peshmerga Affairs and on Kurdistani Areas outside the KRG Administrative Area, on the situation and conditions in the Kurdistani Areas outside the KRG Administrative Area, on attacks on those areas by ISIS terrorists; in the presence of the KRG Interior Minister, Peshmerga Affairs Minister, the Minister for the Region for negotiations with the Iraqi Federal Government, and the KRG General Board on Kurdistani Areas outside the KRG Administrative Area.
- Reading of the joint report by the Parliament committees on Peshmerga Affairs, on the Interior, Security and Local Councils, and on Relations and Kurdish Diaspora, on the situation in Kurdistan Region’s border areas.
- Reading of the report by the Parliament Committee on Health on the Coronavirus COVID19 pandemic, in the presence of the KRG Interior Minister and Health Minister.
- Second reading of the Bill on Patients’ Rights and Responsibilities in Kurdistan Region, per articles 87, 88 and 89 of Parliament’s Internal Rules of Procedure.
- Reading of Parliament’s Finance and Economic Affairs Committee's report on the state of finance and the economy in Kurdistan Region, in the presence of the KRG Minister for Finance and the Economy, the Planning Minister, the Minister for the Region for negotiations with the Iraqi Federal Government, the President of the Diwan of the KRG Council of Ministers, and the Secretary of the KRG Council of Ministers (Cabinet Secretary).
The Presidency of the Kurdistan Parliament announces this sitting according to Parliament’s Internal Rules of Procedure, Article 19 (paragraph 1) and Article 66 (paragraph 3), and with reference to the Kurdistan Parliament letter signed by the Speaker, number 1200 dated 16 July 2020, to the KRG Council of Ministers, which refers to the procedures for the Parliament sittings on 27th, 28th and 29th July 2020.
The Presidency of the Kurdistan Parliament decides and announces the order of business of this sitting according to Parliament’s Internal Rules of Procedure, Article 5, Article 16 (paragraphs 1, 2), Article 18 (paragraph 3), Article 20 (paragraphs 1, 2, 3, 4, 5), and articles 47, 48, 52, 54, 55, 56 and 57.
Note: Kurdistan Parliament's Presidency originally announced that this sitting would take place on 26th July, and then decided to postpone the sitting by one day, to 27th July, on the request of the Parliamentary parties who asked for more time to discuss the agenda items before the sitting.