Order of Business for sitting of 6 July 2021
The Speaker of the Kurdistan Parliament Dr. Rewaz Faiq calls MPs to a sitting on Tuesday 6th July 2021 at 11am, the 17th ordinary sitting of the spring session of the third year of the fifth term of Parliament. The Presidency of Parliament announces the order of business of the sitting as follows:
1) Vote on first amendments to Law no. 3 of 2019, the Law on Ownership of Illegally Taken or Used Land in Kurdistan Region’s Municipalities in Kurdistan Region - Iraq
2) Speeches by the following MPs, per Article 49 (paragraph 1, point 2) of Parliament’s Internal Rules of Procedure, on the following subjects:
i. Abdulsatar Majeed Qadir (KIG) about creating jobs by reactivating factories and plants.
ii. Osman Ali Smail (KIG) on making efforts to recycle waste, in order to protect the environment of the cities and towns of Kurdistan Region.
iii. Zeydan Rashid Khan (Bradosti) (KDP) about higher education and scientific research.
iv. Shayan Kaka Salih (Askari) (Change) about the illness caused by the Covid-19 virus.
3) Second readings of the following bills, per articles 87, 88 and 89 of Parliament’s Internal Rules of Procedure:
- First amendments to the Law on Rights and Privileges of Persons with Disabilities and Special Needs in Kurdistan Region – Iraq, Law No. 22 of 2011.
- Application of the Iraq Stamp Duty Law, Law No. 71 of 2012, in Kurdistan Region – Iraq.
- Application of and amendments to the Law on Industrial Investment for Private and Mixed Sectors, amended Law No. 20 of 1998, in Kurdistan Region – Iraq.
The Presidency of the Kurdistan Parliament decides and announces the order of business of this sitting according to Parliament’s Internal Rules of Procedure, Article 5, Article 16 (paragraphs 1, 2, 3), Article 18 (paragraph 3), Article 20 (paragraphs 1, 2, 3, 4, 5), and articles 47, 48, 52, 54, 55, 56 and 57.