Order of Business for sitting of 1 March 2022: Opening of Spring Session of the Fourth Year of Parliament
The Speaker of the Kurdistan Parliament Dr. Rewaz Faiq calls MPs to a sitting on Tuesday 1st March 2022 at 12 noon, the first ordinary sitting of the spring session of the fourth year of the fifth term of Parliament. The Presidency of Parliament announces the order of business of the sitting as follows:
1) A minute’s silence in remembrance of the martyrs of Kurdistan and Iraq. The national anthem of Kurdistan.
2) The Speaker will open the spring session of the fourth year of the fifth term of Parliament, per Article 7 (paragraph 1) of Kurdistan Parliament’s Internal Rules of Procedure.
3) Speech by the Speaker of Parliament at the opening of the spring session.
4) Speeches by the heads of the parliamentary parties, of less than five minutes.
5) Voting on the following bills projects and legislative proposals, per articles 90, 91, 93, 96 and 97 of Parliament’s Internal Rules of Procedure.
(i) Bill on the Preservation of Archives in Kurdistan Region - Iraq.
(ii) Bill on Firearms/weapons in Kurdistan Region - Iraq.
(iii) Bill on First Amendments to Law on the Ministry of Electricity in Kurdistan Region - Iraq (Law No. 6 of 2021).
6) Second reading of the Bill on Management and Preservation of Water in Kurdistan Region - Iraq, per articles 87, 88 and 89 of Parliament’s Internal Rules of Procedure.
The Presidency of the Kurdistan Parliament decides and announces the order of business of this sitting according to Parliament’s Internal Rules of Procedure, Article 5, Article 16 (paragraph 1), Article 18 (paragraph 3), Article 20 (paragraphs 1, 2, 3, 4, 5), articles 47 and 48, Article 52 (paragraph 1) and articles 54, 55, 56 and 57.