Order of Business for sitting of 22nd June 2022
The Speaker of the Kurdistan Parliament Dr. Rewaz Faiq calls MPs to a sitting on Wednesday 22nd June 2022 at 10am, the seventh ordinary sitting of the spring session of the fourth year of the fifth term of Parliament. The Presidency of Parliament announces the order of business of the sitting as follows:
1) Second reading of the Legislative Proposal on Adoption of the Federal Law on Electronic Signatures and Electronic Transactions, Law No. 78 of 2012, per articles 87, 88, 89 and 97 of Parliament’s Internal Rules of Procedure.
2) First reading of the following bills, per articles 78 (paragraph 2) and 83 (paragraph 1) of Parliament’s Internal Rules of Procedure.
(i) Bill on the first amendment to the Law on Protection and Improvement of the Environment in Kurdistan Region – Iraq, Law No. 8 of 2008.
(ii) Bill on the first amendment to the Oil and Gas Law of Kurdistan Region - Iraq, Law No. 22 of 2007.
3) Voting on the following legislative proposals and bills, per articles 90, 91, 93 and 96 of Parliament’s Internal Rules of Procedure:
(i) Legislative Proposal on Amendment to Implementation of the Law on Welfare of Juveniles, Law No. 76 of 1983.
(ii) Bill on Board of Accreditation of Education and Higher Education Institutions and Programs in the Kurdistan Region - Iraq.
(iii) Bill on the Ministry of Municipalities and Tourism in Kurdistan Region – Iraq.
(iv) Legislative Proposal on Implementation of the amended Law on the Seizure of Smuggled and Prohibited Goods Destined for Trade in the Domestic Market, amended Law No. 18 of 2008.
4) Second reading of Bill on Tourism in Kurdistan Region – Iraq, per articles 87, 88, 89 and 97 of Parliament’s Internal Rules of Procedure.
5) Presentation and deliberations on the report by the Reconstruction and Investment Committee on the reasons for the stoppage of road-building projects and fort the non-completion of housing units within their specified legal deadline, in the presence of the KRG Minister of Housing and Reconstruction, per Article 66 (paragraph 1) of the Internal Rules of Procedure.
6) Resignation of Karwan Abdulrahman Abdullah from the Relations and Kurdish Diaspora Committee, and of Sarwan Muhammad Ali from the Parliament Affairs and Complaints Committee.
The Presidency of the Kurdistan Parliament decides and announces the order of business of this sitting according to Parliament’s Internal Rules of Procedure, Article 5, Article 16 (paragraph 1), Article 18 (paragraph 3), Article 20 (paragraphs 1, 2, 3, 4, 5), articles 47 and 48, Article 52 (paragraph 1) and articles 54, 55, 56 and 57.